Friday, November 19, 2010

Nov 19 - Trouble shooting

My desktop was infected with a virus, I think, and had to do a clean installation of windows. The irony is, I upgrade my anti virus and that's when the trouble started. Once I did a clean installation, some of the network drivers were missing. My only option was downloading it from the web and I could not connect to the web with my cable modem. I had to move my desktop to the phone jack for a dial up connection. After going through all this trouble, it occurred to me that all I needed to do was download the drivers to my laptop, which was working perfectly fine, copy it to a flash drive and install it on my desktop. It was as simple as that and that is exactly what I ended up doing. I did not have to go through the pain of physically moving my PC from the desk! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment